Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Would you look at that body language?"

"Legs crossed towards each other. That is an unequivocal sex invite!"

I gotta admit: Cher from Clueless wasn't speaking any untruths.

Sidenote: Kids who were born when this movie came out can legally drive a car this year. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR THAT. Moving on.

Some of you are asking hey Jax Single Girl! When did sex even come into the picture? Look, I'm not one to shake my girly bits at every boy who winks at me, but I think we really need to explore body language because it screams much louder than the creeper next to you wanting your number at a dirty bar.

The other night when I hung out with A Few Good Men, I couldn't help but notice the chivalry from one man in particular. Here's where I start analyzing this and other situations.

Let's list them, shall we?
He had his hand on my chair across my back the whole time.
He often reached out and hugged me.
He rested his head on my shoulders a few times.
He had his hand around my waist towards the end of the night.

Look, either I'm a healthy candidate for a new bromance, or there is really some sort of physical chemistry happening that would give Vivian Leigh some very serious, Southern vapors.

Ok, kids. I need some help here. WHAT'S HAPPENING?! By the way, I'm really great at denial. It makes my everyday very interesting.

I talked with a close friend and she said this and similar situations are just a serious eye-opener. I simply haven't been treated like I existed. My exes couldn't follow the golden rule: do onto others as others do onto you. The eternal optimist in me is hardwired to believe that I can turn any terrible situation into a good thing. Luckily for me, most of the time I can. This time around, I'm making sure that someone does the same for me when I'm feeling blue.

And my friend said something else that struck me. "Once you know, you can't not know." After all is said and done, I am willing to admit my shortcomings, forgive others for theirs, but all the while, not settle for less than something I deserve...especially after seeing where it got me twice.

The truth is we are animals. There are rituals we do to attract members of the opposite sex (or same sex. I love my gays). And when you feel it, you can't not feel it. What makes us individuals is how we determine what piece of yourself, physical or not, you're willing to share. What's my strategy? I'm a cuddle whore. I'll do it for free. If you give me money, then I win twice!

For the sake of fun, and for the livelihood of this blog, I will date a few mistakes. That is, if your creepy uncle will stop sending me emails. Seriously Match.com! I prefer that you match better!

We have to remind ourselves that there is never safety in adventure. And if you're not living on the edge? Well, you are just taking up too much space!

No comments:

Post a Comment