Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Just Like Riding a Bike

Last night my best friend and I were enjoying a quiet evening. I made dinner and we were watching Ike beat Tina. Right as Tina was wailing on about Nutbush City Limits, she stared at me and flat out asked "Why are you so intent on dating?"

You know...I never really thought about that. My answer was quite simple: I have just never done it. And in her "bless her heart" sort of way, she giggled and explained that dating really just wasn't my style.

Sadface.

You have to understand where I'm coming from here. I've never been on a date. I've jumped into relationships and we've hung out. Most of the time that's only happened because I like playing dentist: pulling teeth is a Single Girl past time. I'd have to ask my boyfriend if we can go somewhere. And I might as well have been eating dinner by myself.

The next question really did make me laugh though: do you know what to do?

Um. No. It's like riding a bike, isn't it? Or losing your virginity. It is kinda painful the first time, you mess up a few times afterwards, you hit a few rough spots, find fun in said rough spots, and decide that once you've done it well enough, you're more than happy to try it again.

Amiright?

So what kind of date would Jax Single Girl enjoy? Let me remind you, I've jumped out of a plane willingly, held a man who was spinning fire on my back unwillingly, and always held the philosophy of "we'll see what happens." Are dates simply too normal for me? Am I making this harder than it really is?

Where should a man take Jax Single Girl? So bowling would be fun. I'd fit in at pool halls. Hibachi sounds good too. I can catch shrimp in my mouth...among other things. Heyo!

Maybe I can do a typical movie and/or dinner. As long as you'll allow me to make corny jokes, we'll be allright.

What is all comes down to is that even in my turbulant nature, I do crave some sense of normalcy...someone to even me out. A nice gentleman who walks me to my car after a fun date is just one way for me to get there. Despite all outward appearances, I want what many girls want: a penguin who loves me for life.

You're doing it wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment