Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Jungle has some nice Scenery

There is a lot to be said about putting a single girl outside the comfort of her environment. I'm not just talking putting her on a date with a complete stranger at a restaurant with weird food nobody can pronounce. No, I'm talking also in terms of putting a single girl in an establishment full of scantily clad women and placing her with a group of men she barely knows. I assure you this isn't a screwed up hentai. However, it's probably as comfortable as the meat in the casing of this obvious sausage fest. No biggie. Same Single Girl, different foliage.

So for those inquiring, I wore jeans, a loose t-shirt, and heels. However, I upped the ante and did my hair and spritzed smell-good. I am still a girl after all! I think the boys last night had trouble remembering that. I digress. This is a typical day for me.

This scenery was the perfect setting for a sociology experiment. How many men were oggling at the scantily-clad females? Am I really one of three women in this entire establishment not wearing a hanky for a kilt? All of a sudden my jeans and t-shirt seemed like a Catholic habit. So yes...I did have moments of discomfort.

However, in these few bare moments, I found solace in the fact that I was around good men. Not a good man, but good men. I guess it's all perspective. They were very respectful of all the women there, not just myself. They included me as best as they could in conversation. And you know what? I laughed. A LOT. This is the simplicity I long for. I guess in the end I don't need to discover it with just one man. Just a few good people instead.

And yet it's a strange situation. Hanging with someone from your past and exploring the what ifs. Blame it on the alcohol, but there just might be something there. I will save the details for another post. I know you're waiting with bated breath!

All I know is I'm spending time with one of these guys Monday night and honestly no matter what happens, these few good men have given me hope for my own dating future.

No comments:

Post a Comment