Saturday, June 18, 2011

Where is my Dread Pirate Roberts?!

If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, you need to stop reading this and school yourself. It's the most amazing book AND one of the world's most quotable movies. Please. School yourself on wuv. Twu wuv!

I think it's important to discuss the men we daydream about. I can be all serious about what it is I want in men everyday when I post, but really you guys are just going to get bored with that! What about those male figures whose sight just makes us swoon, whose voices melt our hearts, and whose gaze just our knees buckle? They should get some credit! After all, no man is perfect. However our fantasy men are! And we deserve some male perfection from time to time. Amiright ladies?

Wesley/Dread Pirate Roberts is probably my favorite romantic movie character. The story starts out innocently enough. Wesley is just the water boy. And Buttercup is basically being a bitch by demanding he do random tasks. What never changes is his loyal ode to Buttercup: "As you wish." Sigh...a girl could get used to that.

And she did! They fell in love, random fairy tale life events happened, and next thing you know BOOM he's the Dread Pirate Roberts, Buttercup is a princess, and Dread Pirate Roberts looks sexy in a mask. And that sword. All I'm saying is if he can handle that sword with panache, imagine what else he can handle with such care and discipline! Inconceivable!

He is my ultimate male fantasy. A loving man who would do anything for his woman. Fight off those pesky ROUS, rescue me from quicksand, and all the while be charming and witty!

It is also important that I admit that I don't understand the fascination with Twilight. Maybe I'm being too quick to judge, but a sparkling pale man who can fly just doesn't sound sexy. And his werewolf friend? Men are hairy enough, I say! DPR isn't moody. He wastes not time getting stuff done and in the end, wins the princess. Quite frankly, Bella seems like a boring lay, Edward probably whines a lot, and werewolf kid is just one of those "stand there and look pretty" characters.

There is just something so incredibly sexy about a man hiding his true identity and wooing me into romantic submission. And then finding out, "wow, it was you all along. I'm intrigued!" You girls can keep your vampires, werewolves, and Disney princes. I will take a sexy pirate any day! Then again...a vampire from True Blood might be just nice. They can do bad things and I am totally okay with that! I digress. I can save that for another post!

In short, the DPR is the right mix of broodiness, sensuality, gusto, and romanticism. I will never find my exact Dread Pirate Roberts, but it's nice to wonder what if. What's even more fun? Trying to find and even enjoying these traits in the men you date. While a girl can and always should dream, she should treat herself to a small part of her male fantasy!














 
 
 
Drop my sword?
Perchance should I drop anything else for you Mr. DPR?

No comments:

Post a Comment